Work With Us
Get Paid to Play!
Part time schedule
Our team members work part time. Great as a source of extra income.
Earn Extra Money
Cat sitting is a great way to earn extra income while taking care of furry family members.
Our mobile app makes keeping track of your schedule and client communications easy.
Trusted and Dependable
We are a 5-star service and our clients trust us to care of their cats while they’re away. We consistently deliver exceptional service.
Working With Us
We’ve been caring for pets professionally for almost a decade and clients have trusted Purrfect Pawz N Palz Cat Sitting LLC to provide exceptional in-home cat sitting services for their fur babies.
We provide cat sitting services in Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette, Winnetka and Kenilworth.
Because we are providing services in client homes and caring for their most beloved furry family members, all team members must undergo a rigorous background check, including criminal history and a reference check.
What Positions Are Available?
Who Is This Job Right For?
This job is perfect if you’re looking for supplemental income in a fun, non-office environment. If you’re looking for full-time steady employment, this isn’t the job for you. But if you’re looking for a part-time job and are able to work when clients need you, you may be a good fit. You must be highly dependable as our clients depend on us to provide care to their furry family members. We’re handling living, breathing beings and you must be committed to ensuring visits occur no matter what.
We work when our clients need us. Because of this, we do not have 9-5 jobs. We don’t guarantee schedules, we work early mornings and evenings, weekends, and holidays. We can’t guarantee a set number of hours per week because we make assignments when our clients make reservations.
Due to the bonding that occurs between sitters and cats, we require at least a one year commitment to work with our company on an ongoing basis for any position with Purrfect Pawz N Palz Cat Sitting LLC. Because of this, we ask our sitters to commit to at least one year with us. If you know you’ll be moving, leaving for school, or otherwise will not be available within this period, we would kindly ask you not to apply.
We are always accepting applications from candidates, but we will only hire those who can uphold our very high standards of service. Our hiring process can take anywhere from one to two months (as we do not want to rush this process). Unfortunately, we can’t interview or meet with everyone, and will be thorough in finding the next good fit for our team. If you think that might be you, please read through the following job description and complete the application.
- Must have an insured and reliable car and valid driver’s license.
- You can pass a thorough background check, criminal, and reference check.
- You have an Android or iOS mobile phone with GPS tracking capabilities. We use a mobile app to record all visits to homes and verify location with GPS. You phone must also have the ability to take and upload photos within the mobile app
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Able to work mornings or evenings
- Able to work on weekends.
- Able to work holidays
Because we work when our clients need us, this means our busiest times are weekends, summers, holidays including the weeks before and after major holidays so you must have availability during these times.
This job is perfect if you’re looking for supplemental income in a fun, non-office environment. If you are looking for full-time steady employment, this isn’t the right job for you. But if you're looking for a part time job and are able to work when clients need you, you may be a good fit. You must be highly dependable as our clients depend on us to provide care for their furry family members. We're handling living, breathing beings and you must be committed to ensuring visits occur no matter what.
You must have a car and a deep love for cats to apply for this position! You must also be able to self-manage and be comfortable driving in inclement.
What to expect
- Cat sitting visits will be spent feeding and providing fresh water for the cat(s), administering medicine (if needed) providing playtime and companionship, cleaning up any messes (vomit or poop), washing bowls and spoons, scooping the litter box, collecting mail and newspaper, and lightly watering indoor/outdoor plants.
- Online scheduling system lets you view your daily schedule and instructions/information for each cat. We utilize an industry-leading mobile app to check in and out of all of our visits. This is mandatory for all cat sitters. We send report cards and photos at the end of each visit and we verify visit lengths with our phones GPS location tracking. GPS tracking must be enabled at all times while providing service.
- A manager will get you started with our software program. This program will require the use of a smartphone (iOS or Android) with the ability to run our scheduling software, using data and GPS as needed. This program will provide the dates and times of your visits and detailed information about the clients you will be visiting. You will also clock in and clock out of every visit through this program.
- Clients make reservations through our mobile app. Our office will make assignments based on sitter availability. Clients communicate with our sitters through the mobile app and will not be contacting you on your personal phone or email. Prompt replies to our clients are expected and rarely does communication take place outside of scheduled visit times. Most replies take just a few seconds, so while it’s a very important part of the job, it takes very little time.
- Follow client provided care instructions and provide detailed and attentive care for our client’s cats.
- Cat sitting visits are usually done at approximately the same time each day to maintain continuity for the cat(s). These visits are either in the morning, afternoon or evening. Morning shifts are visits that can begin as early as 7 and as late as 2. Evening shifts are visits that can begin at 2 and as late as 9.
- You will receive a key to the house, unless there’s a lockbox. Please put the key in your pocket the moment you arrive in the house, so you do not leave the key in the house and lock yourself out!
- Please respect client confidentiality. Do not bring your friends or children to the house or tell anyone that a particular client is away.
- Smoking is not allowed in or near a client’s home.
Due to the bonding that occurs between sitter and cat(s), we require at least a one year commitment to work with our company on an ongoing basis for any position with Purrfect Pawz N Palz Cat Sitting LLC. Please let us know if you have any questions about this or are unable to commit to us for the next year.